Active Countermeasures Webcast
Passer – Effortless Network Knowledge!
Passer is a network sniffer that teaches you about your network – with no extra work for you! By watching network traffic it can identify your systems, routers, names of devices, and network services (both internal and external ones used by your systems). In this webcast, we go over how to use it in your own network, how to interpret the results, and how to use these results with other tools.
Passer runs on Linux and macOS. You won’t need a lot of technical background to use it or understand the webcast. Learn more about Passer Here!
Presented by: Bill Stearns
- 0:00:00 – PreShow Banter™ – SadPlant Returns
- 0:07:12 – The Problem With Zeek
- 0:11:39 – FEATURE PRESENTATION: Passer – Effortless Network Knowledge!
- 0:15:37 – Passer, What Is It?
- 0:17:59 – What Passer Finds
- 0:29:53 – How Passer Works
- 0:32:53 – Installing Passer
- 0:35:51 – Passer Output
- 0:55:44 – Importing Into A Spreadsheet
- 1:02:58 – Additional Output
- 1:04:43 – Passer Performance
- 1:06:14 – System Inventory
- 1:06:44 – Passer_ng (Multiprocess Version)
- 1:09:17 – Bring It On Home